Thursday, May 5, 2011

He is our HOPE

I met the most beautiful woman today while I was at work.
She was buying a little sign with the words Hope written on it.
I told her that I liked what she had picked out because we all need hope....and then I asked her a personal question.  I asked, if she had hope.
She looked me in the eyes and gently told me that she did have hope because she knew Jesus.
She then briefly shared a little bit of her heart with me and the painful journey that she has been on.

Ohhhh....what a divine moment it was for me and her to stand their together.  Two sisters...we don't know each other...but we know Hope....we know Jesus.  We know that He is bigger than every hurt in the world and that He is the only One that can save us.

When we feel like our boat is sinking and we don't know how on earth we are going to hang on...He's not only the lighthouse but he's the coastguard!  HE IS HOPE!

Listen to me sisters....whatever is going on in your life, Jesus is your Hope.  When trials come, and they always do, we think to ourselves, "well, if only this would happen, or that didn't happen, or if I had this, or I didn't have that, then everything would be better and I would be happy".  You forget that.  Jesus is our Hope.  We get stuck.  He is our only Hope of getting free.  We get hurt.  He is our only Hope of being healed.  We have needs.  He is our only Hope of true provision.  We are lied to.  He is our only Hope of truth.  He is Truth.

Jesus is our Hope.

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."


Jeremiah 17:7



"My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word."Psalm 119:81


"Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God,"Psalm 146:5


" May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."Psalm 33:22

Let us keep our eyes on Jesus....the Hope of Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment