Thursday, February 24, 2011

Still in the Game

I feel like I've just sauntered up to the table and climbed into the chair.  Breathe deeply.  It feels so good to be here...with you.  What is it about coming to the Soul Kitchen table that makes me feel so....at home.

It's Jesus.  He's here.  Sigh.....He's Everything.

I am still lingering in Ephesians.  Drinking, thirsty for the truth, sipping slowly each and every word.  God's words through Paul first delivered to the saints in Ephesus, but purposed for the world...for you, for me.

Still in the game of the Hide and Seek Challenge,  I have memorized verses 1-10 in chapter 1 and am now working on 11 and 12.  I can hardly express how much I love this.  I have memorized many verses in the Bible over the years and its all good....but this....I've never done a passage like this other than Psalm 23....a letter....seeing and hearing the words over and over in my mind.  God's words in my mouth...listening to His words tumbling out of my mouth and soaking through my mind in my waking in my sleeping....I'm not kidding...It's life changing.  I believe I've been working on these 12 verses for about 6 weeks now.  Praying through them, asking the Holy Spirit to teach me, asking God what he wants me to learn right now and listening to his voice as his words penetrate deeper into my heart and mind.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.  Ephesians 1:11-12

Robert J. Morgan wrote in his book 100 Bible Verses that, "Scripture memory accelerates the transformation process in our lives....By internalizing Bible verses, we're mainstreaming God's thoughts into our conscious, subconscious, and unconscious logic."

And...I will say that I'm gonna have to agree with that....I believe God's words are changing me...from the inside out....by the power of the Holy Spirit...Let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment