Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Life is About

I got a main role in my school play called Our Town just the other week. As I was reading the play, the message of the story stuck out to me: it was talking about how much we go through life wasting our time on things that don't really matter, and not appreciating the people around us. So that idea had been playing in my mind for a few days, when BAM! Jesus shows me a passage that fits exactly with what I had been thinking!

4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered—
how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath.”
6 We are merely moving shadows,
and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
not knowing who will spend it.
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.

- Psalm 39:4-7

I was just in awe of how God reinforced what I had been thinking. It was so cool! I've shared that passage with a bunch of the other cast members... and it's led to some awesome conversations. So, I want to encourage you to take life one day at a time. Enjoy each moment, and take the time to tell your friends, your family, your co -workers that you appreciate them. Look for opportunities to be Jesus to the people around you. I know it's how Jesus wants us to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment