Thursday, June 2, 2011

Come to Rest

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30


I wrote a couple of weeks ago about Jesus speaking to me about learning how to live in "his rest".  I can honestly say that this has been such a new thing for me that I am still in awe, still changing, still growing!  I know that I have experienced "pockets" of his rest at different times of my life.  Some of those times I believe He just shielded me and put me there in my desperation because I did not know how to get there myself.  Other times, I allowed the Holy Spirit to guide me there but I did not realize that it was a place that one could actually stay and live.  I am sure that I have had a pattern of anxiousness and striving for about 40 years now and so I know that old habits are a little hard to break.  But you know...even in this last little while...I am aware.  Aware when I slip back into old patterns.  Aware that the peace and rest of my Saviour is always available. 


 Isaiah 30:15  "....in returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."


When the weight of the world feels like it's resting on your shoulders...and your burdens seem too much to bear....when your heart is heavy and you can't sleep because your mind just won't stop worrying like a ferris wheel going round and round...when you strive and strive and strive to make things happen and it feels like waste...


Return dear one....Focus your eyes on the One who Redeems...the One who Saves...trust His precious heart that is full of grace and truth for you.  Give Him the burdens of your heart and mind...Repent and let go of what you need to...and take His hand.  Listen to His words....and let them sink in.






“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment