Friday, June 24, 2011

I Will Trust Him Today

Each day...full of gifts.  Two in particular, that I love and share life with...grown from the love of two, so imperfect people, that began a life together twenty years ago.  The oldest is home...sick.  He makes me smile every day with his strong but tender heart.  The younger one, gone on a special trip with my parents...I'm homesick for.  Never have we been so far apart, for so long.  I feel like the three weeks  she'll be gone, are sure to do me in.  I ask the Lord how I will survive...my heart aches so bad for the one I miss laughing through the house.  And I think of dear women that have had to say goodbye to their babies  until they meet them again in eternity....and that grace that gets them through each day of missing...and then I stop, because I don't want to think about it....and that fear in my heart begins to swell....

Letting go.

That tight fist that clings within my heart that says, "Please, God...I'm not ready to let go."

Can I trust Him? 
Can I trust Him with the one who's sick?
Can I trust him with the one that I miss?
Can I unclench that hand that wants desperately to hold on tight to what I can't control...

Is He or is He not...the Lord of my heart?  Is He not the Lord of the World?

He is.
I claim Him.
Lord of my heart and Lord of this World.
He is the Giver of every good gift.
He is the Lover of my soul.
He provides...He protects...He comforts...He creates...
He Lives and Breathes His own Spirit within me.
I will trust Him with all that I can't trust myself with.
 I will trust Him with my heart, with my mind, with my beloved gifts...
a son and a daughter, born of love...from us and from Him.

I will trust Him today.
And tomorrow, when I wake up, I will trust Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment