Thursday, July 21, 2011

True Love

By day the Lord commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me.
Psalm 42:8

This verse is a love letter that I have read over and over. I never tire of reading its words.

It is a promise from the One who loves my heart deeper than any human ever could.

He sees me for who I am....knows my thoughts....my weaknesses...my imperfections...and loves me still.

How could anyone not want a love like that?

Some of you reading this today have known who Jesus is for a long, long time...but you have forgotten what it feels like to be in love with Him. You serve Him faithfully. You are committed to Him....but you need a little romance.

Ask Jesus to reveal Himself to you as the deep Love of your heart. Surrender yourself to Him and tell Him you want to fall in love with Him again. Ask yourself how you can reciprocate that love back to Him....not as an act of 'service' but as an expression of deep love.

Repeat his promise and meditate on his words.

By Day the Lord commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me.

(This is a recycled post)

No comments:

Post a Comment