Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Blessed Future

I took this picture on the way to my Father-in-law's funeral in Alberta.

How hard it is to say goodbye to the ones we love....but how wonderful to know that this life is not the end!  I already look forward to that blessed day when I will hug my Lord for the first time...and hug my Father-in-law again.  What a re-union it will be!

Yesterday I was praying for some people in my life that I love dearly who are struggling with some uncertainty in their future...the Lord spoke these words into my heart.

You may not know what the future holds but you can be certain that God is in your future.


 I read these words in Isaiah 35:10

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return
and come to Zion with singing;
everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;
they shall obtain gladness and joy,
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

I remember these well loved words found in Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Precious one....the God of Peace...is in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment