Monday, October 10, 2011

Give Thanks to the Lord

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
for His steadfast love endures forever."
(1 Chronicles 16:34; Psalm 107:1; Psalm 118:1&29)

On this Canadian Thanksgiving, I'm thinking that there are a lot of people who feel thankful for a lot of things, but don't really know who to thank.

Today I'm thankful that I have Someone to thank. I know the God who has given life and breath and everything pertaining to life. The I AM, the Sovereign God who spoke all things into existence and holds all things in His hand is the God I know.

This all powerful and great God... is intimate with me and loves me. When I think of the dreadful power displayed in nature, and the vastness of the ocean and sky, and the grandeur of the mountains, and consider that the God who created all this is infinitely greater, and yet loves me... it's mind-boggling and only faith can see that as reality.

All the power and greatness and majesty of God is all wrapped up in love. God is love. He stoops down and makes Himself so small - all for love, to meet me.

I'm not just thankful... I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment