Thursday, January 26, 2012

Garbage Day!

All week long we package up the filth...the dirty, the rotten, the dead and the broken.  It sits, waiting for that glorious day when the garbage man comes in his big green truck and takes it all away never to be seen in our house again.

 Thank you Jesus that we don't have to wait once a week (or sometimes 2 if it snows) to give you all that  smells of sin or garbage in our lives.  
When we bring it to You...You take it and You get rid of it.  
David says it the best in Psalm 51:1-3
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.  Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
He speaks again in Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Thank you Jesus!

And thank you too for garbage day....it's so nice to live in a place where we have that service!

1 comment:

  1. Living out in the rural parts of town, we get garbage pickup once every two weeks. Yesterday was a GREAT day when we had four weeks of garbage being picked up since we forgot to take the garbage out two weeks ago.

    Do I ever celebrate - daily! - that God "forgives all my sins." Ps 103:3

    ReplyDelete