Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In His Shadow

Psalm 91:1

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. KJV

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. NIV

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. ESV

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. NLT

I love Psalm 91. You should go read the whole thing.

The other morning I awoke to Psalm 91:1 running through my mind. It is a verse that I am familiar with but not one that I have chosen to memorize and since I did not consciously put it in my mind, I have been joyfully meditating on it ever since. I have been asking the Lord to speak to me through it and to reveal to me specifically how it applies to me in my life right now.

Well...it's December. Which translates "crazy busy...everyday, every night seems like something's going on."

Lord...How do I manage the life I live, in the world I live...keep up, keep it simple and not lose focus of You in the most wonderful celebration of Emanuel--God With Us?

You readers out there may have some good suggestions for us because I know I'm not alone in this.

But for the meantime,I will tell you what I try to do...I pray alot and I meditate on God's words...It's the only way I can stay focused on what's important. It's the only way I know how to enjoy what I actually love and that is... Christmas!

So back to Psalm 91:1...What does it mean to dwell in the shelter of the Most High? What imagery does that conjure up for you?
What does a shelter do? What do you need sheltering from? Dwelling doesn't mean here for a few days, gone for a few days. It means living, residing, decorating, being at home. In your everyday busy life, in your work, in your relationships, in your thought life....what does it mean to live everyday in God's shelter?

And the promise is this....if we dwell in the shelter of the Most High...we will rest and abide in the shadow of the Almighty, the El Shadai.

When I think of resting and abiding in the shadow of my Lord...I get a whole new sense of what is important. He's helping me with all "my plans" for His Birthday Celebration. We're close. I'm still a bit scatter brained but I'm 'resting' in the doing and not 'fretting' in the doing.

Let's dwell with Him together. Bless His Holy Name. What Joy He brings in the peace of His Presence. Celebrate His Birth. Rest in His Shadow. Know the Truth. Live in His Shelter.

Grace and Peace and Joy to you my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment