Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Need A Conversation....

I love the change of pace that summer brings...a much needed break. With the kids not in school, mornings are more relaxed and there's no lunches to make. I love sitting out on the patio. I love camping. Call me crazy, but I actually even love the heat. I just love summer.

But there are some things I miss in the summer. I miss conversations.

Don't get me wrong...I still talk to people in the summer...it's just that, I miss sitting around a table on a regular basis talking to people about Jesus...hearing what He's teaching you, rejoicing in a blessing, praying for a need....experiencing together the joy and grace of his relationship with us.

In my time with Jesus this morning...we were reading in John, and specifically John 1:16

And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. ESV

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. NIV

Beth Moore writes:

The original word for "blessing" is charis, often translated "grace." This explains the King James rendering: "And of his fulness have all received, and grace for grace." Charis is "that which causes joy, pleasure, gratification, favor, acceptance...a benefit...the absolutely free expression of the loving kindness of God to men finding its only motive in the bounty and benevolence of the Giver; unearned and unmerited favor."

I wrote in my journal...."What would be different if I lived everyday, so much in God's grace, his blessing, his charis, that I never thought otherwise? Oh Jesus, I know that I have received your grace...sometimes I just don't act like it and my mind forgets it. My heart knows that there is no other pursuit other than a precious relationship with you that brings true joy. And then, every other joy and blessing I experience, is even sweeter because I get to share that moment with You."

If you've got the time...talk to me. Tell me how you have experienced God's charis in your life lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment