Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Treasure Hunting

The women in my family are treasure hunters. We love thrift shopping.
My little daughter, has come by it quite naturally I must say, through happy and successful experiences with her grandmothers, auntie and of course, myself. It is one of her delights.

Yesterday, she woke up intently desiring to find treasure. By early afternoon, she had talked my sister and I into taking her out thrift shopping. It was worth the hunt. She came home with what she had been looking for...some newborn clothes that would fit her doll. I have a thing for coloured glass and found 2 cool pieces to add to my collection. My sister wasn't looking for anything in particular I don't think, but ended up with a gorgeous lamp and some other little treasures.

Because Jesus is with me wherever I go, I'm always talking to him. Treasure hunting is no exception. I'm always asking Jesus to help me find treasure...to show me where to look..asking him what he's gonna show me today. I'm thrilled when I see something that lights up my eyes, whether its for me or somebody else....I feel like he's walked me right to it. Really!!! It's the best feeling.

As I look at the little treasures scattered around the room...I can't help but think of Jesus and all the times he's been with me helping me in my hunt.

As I picked up my Bible this morning....I couldn't help but think the same thing. His Word, the Truth, is so full of treasure. He reveals that treasure to me in exactly the same way....and it's so much more satisfying than the rest of my little delights.

When we intently desire to know and understand what God's truth is in the Bible and what it means and how it applies to our life today...He just can't wait to show us. What He reveals to us though, isn't just simply useful or pretties.....It's Life!!!

John 1:4&5 says...

In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Think about that. I love it.

He is my Light. He is Life inside of me and darkness cannot overcome Him. He is my Treasure, my Joy, and my Hope. He is my Light. He is my Life.

The next time you open your Bible to read a few words...don't just open it up and simply read. Open it up and ask Jesus to show you treasure.

Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment