Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wanted: Dead and Alive

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

For I have died and my life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is my life appears, then I also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:3-4

Wow. Say that out loud a few times.

Say it slowly, phrase by phrase. Let it sink in.

Lord God, root this truth deep into my inner being.

Reveal to me why having been crucified with Christ matters.

Bring these words to mind throughout my day when I need to remember them, that I may walk them - that by knowing and believing this truth, I will live this day differently.

Lord, your word is life to me! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment