Monday, August 3, 2009

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness."

This past weekend I had family visit me and we spent alot of time together. The thing with anyone that you spend alot of time with, it's easy towards the end to get on each other's nerves and things can result in little squabbles or arguments. I had a great time full of positive conversations and memories. I did have two small arguements with a sister but I find because it's my sister that it's so much easier to move on past these things.

I thought about the love of our Great God! How easy it is for us as humans when we get angry with a friend that we find it hard to forgive and friendships can be lost over hurts. In my case family members are the easiest to forgive instead of holding grudges. Depending on how deep the hurt is, for me friendships have been lost over grudges and past offences. God doesn't hold grudges. The more time we spend with God, we don't get to the point of butting heads and become arguementative. It's the complete opposite with God. The more time we spend with God the more we see how he loves us.

I put Jeremiah 31:3 up top to remind us that God loves us enough to reach out and draw us to him. He doesn't hold grudges or fume over past offences but he forgives and forgets each sin when we repent. He's the only person in our lifetime that we'll meet that will ever have a relationship with us that will forgive us when we repent.

Do you know Jesus? Do you know the real love of our Father? Have you experienced his forgiveness? If not, embrace this Great God. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment