Monday, February 22, 2010

So Long, Insecurity

Well...Goodmorning Girls. It feels like Spring is in the air, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and my son told me this morning that it was supposed to get up to 18 degrees today. Wow.

With all this freshness, and more likely the moving of the Holy Spirit...I feel like I'm walking closer to living a little on the edge. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and I am hoping that you will step out with me and join me in the journey.

My Mom, who is a precious woman I must say, bought my sister and I, along with herself, a new book for Valentines Day. I read the Intro and Chapter One and now I'm hooked. I called my sister-in-law in North Carolina and told her to go get it and needless to say we've all got it now and I'm seriously excited!

So here's the deal. I don't really think of myself as someone insecure. I know I have my insecurities like everyone else but they don't really hinder me do they? I mean...I'm not shy, I'll go introduce myself to anybody. I pretty much know what I'm good at and what I'm not good at and I feel okay about that. I lead a Bible study for women...you'd have to have security for that right? Oh....thank the sweet Lord of my heart that He doesn't display the inner workings of my heart and mind for the whole world to see. No, the truth is, I've got plenty of insecurity lurking around waiting to hold me back from anything the Lord wants me to do. For instance, it first knowingly creeped up when my Mom bought me the book. I loved it right off when she gave it to me because I already love the author. But when I got home, I hesitated setting it on the coffee table for everyone to see. In particular, I didn't want my dear husband to see it. You see, I'm turning 40 next week and I didn't want him to think I'd flown off the edge of mid-life crisis.

I can laugh at a lot of my little insecurities because they're funny and I know that we've all got 'em. But the Lord has nudged my heart and let me know that I've got some deeper roots of insecurity that often keep me from stepping out in confidence and being the woman He has made me and called me to be. And girls...I just want to be free. That's it...Sweet Freedom...that is the name the Lord gave me and what the Lord has been working in my life...setting me free from lies and from hurts and I want to be free of insecurity too.

So I am inviting you to join me in the journey. I'm going to be pretty transparent. If you would like to do this study with me, I encourage you to go and buy the book and read it with me. We can do it together. It is 'So Long, Insecurity' by Beth Moore.

Beth Moore has a blog and she has invited everyone to go through it with her. We are about 2 weeks behind and will be 3 weeks behind next week so this is what I am thinking. If you would like to get the book and participate...go ahead and read the Introduction and Chapter one. I will use her questions as our guide. She has requested for people to sign up on her blog, even if you are doing it in a group like this one. The last time I checked over 6000 women have signed up.

If you know me personally, you know I'm all about Sisters...so it would thrill my heart to be able to walk this journey and have you by my side. Even if you're not ready to comment along the way, please comment in the Beth Moore style on this blog and let me know if you're in.

Click on the word Comments at the bottom of the post and give your name, your age by decade, and your location.

Here is a link to Beth Moore's website. The So Long, Insecurity journey began on Feb 11th so you'll have to scroll back to catch the beginning and see what it's all about. Just click on Beth Moore's Blog below and it will take you right to it.


Sorry for writing a book this morning...I'm so excited about this I just couldn't help myself.

9 comments:

  1. Darcey
    30's
    Abbotsford, BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm signing in too. Just got the book today. I've done 2 studies with Beth Moore and love her. Did you notice that her book is number 2 on the New York Times Best Sellers list for Advice/Self Help hardcover category? Obviously, a timely subject for us in this culture.
    Marianne
    40's
    Mt. Lehman, BC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi
    30's
    Abbotsford, BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne
    last year of 40's
    Abbotsford, BC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me! Is it to late? I want to do it with you Julie and your friends.I'm another sister in NC!!
    I'm R and I am 54 and I really like chocolate and sunshine and Bible Studies with girlfriends. :-)

    ReplyDelete