Saturday, March 26, 2011

LOVE

1 Corinthians 13 - I'm sure you know it well. The Bible's love chapter. Well, today I read through it and got some interesting thoughts from it that I felt like sharing.

The first three verses talk about how, without love, we amount to NOTHING. We can have faith that moves mountains, amazing generosity, or strong spiritual gifts, but if those don't come with love, they're useless. Love is SO powerful! And I'm not talking about the commercialized, gushy, romantic stuff we call love nowadays.
No, God's kind of love is way different. It's:

-patient (don't we all hate waiting?)
-kind
-not jealous (now that's a tough one)
-not proud (humility... oh boy)
-not rude
-not self-seeking (yikes)
-not easily angered (easier said than done)
-forgiving
-perseverant
-hopeful
-enduring

Doesn't that sound hard? I think it's INCREDIBLY hard! Especially toward people that have hurt us or irritate us. But it's the way Jesus loved and it's what we're called to do. I think love is probably one of the most powerful tools God has given us. So as we go about our week, let's try to use it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment