Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A New Day


Are you ever glad to close your eyes on a day and say, "Thank goodness, that's over"?
Do you ever wake up and say, "Didn't I just do this yesterday?"
Sometimes...I wake up tired. I get frustrated when things don't work the way I want them to. I get anxious and worried about things I don't have any control over. Sometimes, I feel lonely and insecure. When I'm already discouraged...and I focus on myself....all I can see are the things I don't like about myself or others, my short-comings or my failures. It's a dangerous path to get lost on.
My heart begins to doubt that God is who He says He is. I think my life is hopeless and God can never use me. I forget what I know is true and I miss the opportunity to see and experience God working in my heart and life and His wonderful ability to change something not beautiful into beautiful.
Sister.....if you are feeling down today....take inventory of the thoughts in your mind. Write them down. Throw out all the ones that are not true and that don't line up with the Word of God. Soak your weary heart and mind in the refreshing and life giving words of God's truth. Go to another sister that you trust and ask her to pray for you and help you sift the truth from the lies.
This is a new day. God has made it fresh. You may still feel a little bit of the winter blues....
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentation 3:21-23

1 comment:

  1. I just love this Lamentations text! It's a constant reminder of His Great Faithfulness... and our humbleness before Him.

    ReplyDelete