Monday, January 12, 2009

Romans 8:28 has been heavy on my heart this past week.... "we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

God doesn't promise that it will be good (in our human eyes) but that he works it for our good. I know that there have been many situations in my life where I think I know already what is for my best and God takes me down another road and it goes where I don't want to go because the journey is too tough.

Why is God taking me down this road? Is he wanting me to forgive someone who I don't want to forgive? Is he asking me to seek forgiveness from someone I don't want anything to do with anymore? Do I need to go through a valley of darkness to see the light?.... my heart wants only the good stuff.... I don't want the valleys or the bad things to happen.... God please just take me to the end so I can see your purpose....

... but I won't grow.... without this journey I wouldn't be brought to my knees once again before God and see his love for me.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

God's plans are pure.... they may not take me where I want to journey at the time and the road may be hard. I might have to experience the loss of a loved one, grieve a friend, walk through depression, loose everything like my house and family.... but God's promises remain.... God promises them for our good. It's hard to see when I am going through something the good that will come out of it but I must rest in Him that he knows what is best for me.

Today I'm content to rest in this assurance. Not every day is easy but God's promises are true. He works them for my best!

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE that verse written up that way as it is on that photo!! I need one of those for my wall!!

    So true... sometimes we need to follow the path God leads us on, whether we like it or not... and then we got to make the best of that path.

    ReplyDelete