Monday, January 5, 2009

What does the year 2009 have in store for me and my family? As I look ahead and trust God with my future, only He knows the plans He has for me and I know this year is going to be another exciting adventure with God. Will I be living in the same house next year at this time? Where is God going to lead my family? Will I be asked to step out of my comfort zone and pack my family up to a town I where I don’t know anyone and start afresh? Will God allow each of my family members to be together in good health at Christmas once again? Where does God want my journey with Him to go?

God has me on a journey I’m not sure where it’s going to lead. At this time last year I was seeking God earnestly and trusting every day… finding ways to point my eyes upward and my heart in tune with His. I struggle with that this very start of the new year and find myself longing for that deep contentment that only Jesus can fill me up with. My journey is the same with Him yet I long for so much more.

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow… my heart longs for that comfort and trust in His plans.

Philippians 4:6 “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

This was a verse I clung to in 2008. I’m being asked to step out and trust others with my private journey and have others pray and encourage me. It’s not something that comes easy when there’s hurt involved but God wants me to conquer Satan and step out and trust that I can overcome obstacles with God on my side. God tells me to not be anxious about anything but by prayer and petition to present them to God…. WITH thanksgiving! Even though I don’t know where my journey with God is going to go I am stepping out and trusting, still clinging to His promises and hand this year 2009 year over into His capable hands. I have days where things seem so bleak and dark and days that it seems the world is one big rainbow. God can and does meet me in those moments and is everywhere!

Where do you think your journey will go in 2009? Can you honestly give God thanks even though the answers are not how you would like them to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment