Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh Jesus

The words to a song I love, rings softly in my ears....

"Jesus...Name above all names...Beautiful Saviour...Glorious Lord...Emanuel...God is with us...Blessed Redeemer...Living Word...."

There has never been a love so sweet as the love my Saviour has given me...never a love so complex and intricate, yet simple enough for the smallest child...miraculous really...never a love so Holy and Pure.

Reading in Luke chapter 23 verses 39-43...just moments before my Love sacrificed His life for mine....I see His heart for others, again...

One of the two criminals being crucified next to Jesus, rebukes the other for his words and actions against Jesus while they are hanging there in excruciating pain...I am sure, struggling for each breath and even the energy to speak...then he moves his attention to Jesus in verse 42, 'And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And Jesus...says to him in verse 43..."Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

No magic words....no special prayer....no complicated intructions and rules....

Simply...he recognized and acknowledged the truth of who Jesus is....He believed in Him...and Jesus loved him and saved him.

Jesus says in John 14:6...."I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is the way. He loves you. He is it. If He hadn't changed my life...and filled my heart with a love so captivating that I can't stop talking about it....I would stop talking about it.

I love Him.

I've told my children that it reminds me of going to a movie. When you get to the theatre....you have to have a ticket. They won't let you in just because you know Bob at the popcorn stand....you can't hand them your Michael's 20 percent off coupon or your winning lottery ticket or even a $20 dollar bill.....when you are at the gate...you have to give the ticket collector your movie ticket. It's the only way in. Jesus is your ticket.

Jesus says in John 10 verse 9, ...."I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he (or she) will be saved...."

Jesus has saved me....He loves me....His love is irresistable....What has Jesus done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment