Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. A portion of 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Lord, once again, I acknowledge and agree with your word... (Declare it out loud with me)

My life is not my own.
For I have died, and my life is now hidden with Christ in God, and when Christ who is my life appears, I also will appear with him in glory.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me and the life I live in this body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself for me.
For none of us lives to herself, and none of us dies to herself. If I live, I live to the Lord, and if I die, I die to the Lord. So then, whether I live or whether I die, I am the Lord's.
His will for me is good, pleasing and perfect.
I am the Lord's.

You are the Lord's. You belong to him. Christ lives out his live in you. He is the one who works. He is the one who accomplishes. He is the one who meets his need for food, clothes, etc. He is responsible for his life - to carry it out. He is responsible for his life in his body. You are not the owner of your life. He paid for you. You are his. He knows how to live out his life in you. He is responsible to carry out the plans he has for you. He is in charge. And he is so very good.

What a glorious, freeing truth.
Lord, live out your life in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment