Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hide and Seek

Two words from a child's game that I used to love to play came to mind this morning.  

There are a million things that I love about God and over time I am going to attempt to tell you some of them but one of the things that I really love about Him is that He is a God that does not hide.  He is a God that wants us to find Him.  

Psalm 70:4 says:
May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you!  May those who love your salvation say evermore, "God is great!"

Jeremiah 29:12-13 says:
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

I guess the amazing thing to me is that....God wants us to seek Him....and yet He's not hiding.  He is so big and so wonderful and so extraordinary and so powerful and so amazing that we need to keep seeking to discover all of the precious things about Him.  We couldn't handle it all at one time...so we seek to know Him...and He reveals who He is a little at a time in the most wonderful adventure ever.

It is the best 'Not-Hide and Seek' game I've ever played.

No comments:

Post a Comment