Friday, November 13, 2009

Behind His Back

In fear
I hid
my sins
behind my back.

I confessed and repented.

In love
He hid
all my sins
behind His back.


Hezekiah's prayer is recorded in Isaiah 38:17. Here he says of the LORD,
"Behold, it was for my welfare that I had great bitterness; but in love you have delivered my life from the pit of destruction,
for you have cast all my sins behind your back."

What else has He done with all our sin?

You forgave the iniquity of your people; you covered all their sin. Selah Psalm 85:2

He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:10&12

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 1 John 3:5

Christ is our cover. He is our righteousness. He is our peace and our confidence as we come to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment