Saturday, September 25, 2010

Body Image

Yesterday some friends and I had a get-together, Bible study type thing, and my one friend shared with us about body image. Everyone is affected by the media in one way or another... thinking they're too fat, or should be taller, shorter, curvier, more tan... whatever, it happens. I don't think I know of anyone who can say they've never wished to look a bit differently. But here's the thing: God made us the way we are on purpose. There's this song that I really like called "More Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz that goes:

You were made to fill a purpose that only you can do,
So there could never be a more beautiful you.



Who even decided what 'beautiful' looks like anyway? God thinks each and every one of us is beautiful. EACH and EVERY one. No matter if you have too many wrinkles, or a long nose, or big thighs, or pale skin... God still looks at you and says, "It is good." We are made in His image, so we are beautiful. And the more we strive to live like Jesus, the more beautiful we become.

So don't forget that the King of the universe thinks you're absolutely gorgeous. And that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Delight,

    I always look forward to Saturday's post. I love your pictures and I love what you have to say.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete