Thursday, September 16, 2010

Peace Be To This House

A number of months ago, after I began my new job and realized that the Lord had given it to me as a new area of influence, (It is a place he has chosen to use me for his purpose and for his glory.) I wanted to speak a blessing over it as I entered the door each time I went in. So I asked God what it was that I should say. Very clearly it came to me to say, “Peace be to this house.” So that is what I say every time I enter. Sometimes that is all I say, sometimes I expand and continue with something like, “In Jesus’ name and for his glory,” or whatever, and then, most often, that’s it, and I get on with my job.

I know that the spiritual world is controlled by words. God spoke and the creation came into being. God’s words do not go out without accomplishing the purpose for which he speaks them. (Isaiah 55:10-11)

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven

and do not return there but water the earth,

making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eat so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;

it shall not return to me empty,

but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,

and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”


I know that the words I speak are not idle either, so I spoke those words, a blessing, believing that somehow they were accomplishing something.

So, here’s the exciting part. The day before yesterday, I was helping one of our regular customers who had met two friends there. The two friends both ordered a beverage, but the first guy said he didn’t want anything, because he had already had a coffee at another location. I looked at him in mock surprise and said, “What? You frequented another location?” He laughed and said, “Yeah, but this one’s my favorite. It’s so peaceful here. I just like it ‘cause it’s so peaceful.” I just about fell over.

I can hardly wait to see what else will happen. God totally encouraged me through that customer. And if you think about it, that man will probably never know it. How often then, does God use us to be an encouragement to someone and we never know it. But that is getting off the point.

What words of blessing would God have you speak to and over the people in your life? They matter. They will make a difference. They accomplish God’s purpose and succeed in the thing for which they are spoken.

This could be very exciting, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment