Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rest...

On Sunday evening, I put my back out. How? I sat down!!! Literally. I sat down on my couch and somewhere between standing and planting myself on the couch, there was pain! I was practically immobile. That night I laid in bed, in agony, wondering if I would be better for the morning, or if I should start planning for a substitute at work. The answer might seem simple, but fellow teachers will attest to the fact that it is always easier to go into work sick or in pain than it is to prepare for a TOC (teacher on call). I woke up my poor sleeping husband and asked him to bring me my lesson plan book and my computer and I sat in bed typing up a lesson plan until 2:30am!

All this to say, that hurting my back has been a blessing!! How? Since going back to work as a full time teacher at the beginning of this month, I have been exhausted - border line zombie-like! My baby still feeds anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30am (a habit which I know needs breaking, but am just too tired to attempt to break right now), I get up for work at 6:30, and am home at 3:30 to start my mum duties for the day. The point of this isn't for me to have a pity party, but rather just to point out that I am TIRED! But then, I hurt my back. Ah sweet, sweet back pain! Yesterday and today have been my husband's days off, so I have slept in, taken it easy, taken a nap each day and not cared about work! It has been glorious! I am a bit stubborn when it comes to taking days off, so I think that the Lord gave me this back pain to make me rest! If it were a cold or the flu, I would have trundled off to work. But I couldn't this time - there was no trundling - just laying! I am feeling so rested and rejuvenated and so very grateful for these two days off.

I still have a little pain, but it is manageable now, and I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow with a lot more sleep under my belt. What a strange blessing, but a blessing nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment