Friday, September 24, 2010

Jehovah-Jireh

The Lord sees.  The Lord knows.  The Lord provides.


I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't know that God was my provider.  At my earliest memories, I can see the little girl I used to be asking God for all the things that my heart wanted or needed. I just don't think I truly grasped the depth or the purpose even for which my Lord provides.


The depth of his provision is beyond my wildest dreams...even today.  The purpose of his provision for me is simply Love.


In my every day life...knowing and understanding that Jehovah-Jireh sees everything going on in my life, heart and mind, and that He knows what to do with all of that and that He WILL provide what is best for me is seriously life changing!!


I can totally tell the difference when I walk through the day like I actually believe what I just wrote.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.  Proverbs 3:5-6

ACKNOWLEDGE Him.  In EVERYTHING.  And He will DIRECT your path.


I love that!  Yesterday I had to do some shopping for my daughter's birthday.  I want very much to bless her.  I had a budget.  I was starting to feel stressed because she didn't ask for anything...gave us no hints, clues or suggestions...just asked us to surprise her.  She's turning 11 and it feels like she's sort of in that in between stage where she's still a little girl but not playing with toys that much anymore and she's not quite a teenager and doesn't just want clothes and stuff.  It used to be so much easier planning a "Fairy Princess" Birthday!  Anyway...I asked Jesus to go shopping with me.  He sees my daughter.  He knows her heart more than I do.  He is the ultimate party planner (Heaven's gonna be amazing!)  He knows how to provide every need of my heart, even the desire to bless my daughter.


Soooooo.....Jesus and I went shopping...and we found some great things to bless my daughter and all within my budget!  I Love shopping with Him!


You know, God does not always grant my every wish and desire.  He does not always provide in the way that I asked Him to.  But He always provides what is best for me, because He sees me, He knows me, and He seriously loves me.   It is important for me to remember that, when the provision I imagined from Him shows up a little differently.

Sister...go to Jesus as your Jehovah-Jireh...your Provider.  He provides grace and mercy, wisdom, understanding, love, and compassion.  He can provide the needs of your heart.  He can provide rest for a weary soul, forgiveness for a hardened heart, love for the difficult, money to pay a bill and yes...He'll go shopping with you if you ask Him.

If you seek Him, you will find Him.  If you ask Him, He will provide.


And God is able to make all grace abound in you.  So that, in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  
2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment