Tuesday, January 11, 2011


I haven't posted on here for a long time - my apologies for that. There are two major reasons why (perhaps excuses would be a better word). The first reason is called Bentley. We got a puppy!?! For some reason, my husband and I decided that it would be smart to make our hectic lives even more hectic. We knew having a puppy would be hard work, but having a puppy, both working full time and already having two human puppies in the house has made life crazy!! But he is a lovely dog. He is a Bernese Mountain Dog, and although he is only 6 months old, he is already very large. He currently weighs 50 lbs and will gain at least another 40 by the time he is done growing! He is fantastic to have around, and I am sure that one day, once he is house trained, he will be a great companion during the evenings when my husband is working night shifts. HOWEVER, for now, he is just a ton of work!!

The second reason I haven't posted anything for a while is that I really haven't felt like I've got much to say. As terrible as it sounds, and I am by no means justifying myself, I feel as if I haven't had the chance to just sit and think of anything other than diapers, laundry, work, taking the dog out for a bathroom break, making sure I have read with my 5 year old for 15 minutes as I am supposed to do each day, and my lack of sleep. I feel like my focus has been on completing my "to do" list rather than why I am completing that list and for whose glory it is to be completed.

As such, every time I have a moment and think of writing a post on here, I just don't know what to say. If I may be so bold as to ask those of you reading this, please pray for me. If you think of it, pray that I might refocus so that I can feel close to my Saviour, and do all that I need to do in His name and for Him.

Thank you.

For now, I must run. Bentley is barking and is need of being taken outside!!

1 comment:

  1. Appreciated your honesty, and although my season of life is different than yours...I do remember those days with little ones, tight, tiring schedules and the longing to remember the joy in the midst of it all. I am writing to say I did pray for you and I trust because I know my Saviour that he is near to you, and your efforts to love your family and take care of your responsibilities does bring Him glory. I thanked God once again for loving his children...you too, and asked God to meet you daily. Bless you

    ReplyDelete