Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Want It All....

...and I can have it, because it is already mine.

I'm still in Ephesians.  Chapter 1 verses 2-6.  Determined to renew my mind through the cleansing, Life-giving Truth of God's Word and by the power of his Holy Spirit.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.  In love,
he predestined us for adoption as sons (and daughters) through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
to the praise of this glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

As I ponder with wide eyes what it truly means to live each day in Christ with "every spiritual blessing" that exists in heaven literally attached to my heart, imbedded in my mind, and at the tip of my fingers for every day living, I sink back in my chair and breathe deep with the realization that I don't live like this everyday...but I want to.  I choose to.  And I seek Him, because I want Him.  I want All of Him.


Grace.  Peace.  Joy.  Love.  Hope.  Faith.....

I have been pondering today about the spiritual blessing of Faith.  
I talk to the Lord and tearfully confess my fears, my worries, my anxieties and insecurities...when I entertain such guests in my mind as that lot...I leave faith standing outside in the cold, and serve my lack of trust on a silver platter for the vermin to enjoy.  


Oh sweet Lord...You have given me faith.  

 ("Pick up your shield daughter.")

Ephesians 6:16
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

("Did you notice that?  Not just some circumstances...but in all circumstances...with which you can extinguish not some of the flaming darts of the evil one...but all the flaming darts of the evil one...go ahead daughter, pick that shield back up, hold on tight to it...it's yours...a gift...a spiritual blessing")

And what is this?  Slightly scary words from Romans 14:23b

For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

"Oh Lord...what plans, ideas, conversations and decisions have I made even this day that were not brought to you, therefore, proceeding from faith?"


You have given your daughter the spiritual blessing of faith.  The ability to trust in You whatever the cirmcumstances may be.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Are you just about brought to tears?  I am already there.  The spiritual blessing of faith...already ours just for the taking.  


Precious little heart...what is it that you hope for?  Trust the One that our human eyes today, have not seen...Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment