Saturday, April 23, 2011

Let's Look at One Another


This week I did a final performance of my school play, "Our Town". It was an amazing ride, and God blessed me with many new friends and lots of memories. When the show was over, everyone was crying and hugging, knowing this was the end of an incredible experience, and that things wouldn't quite be the same afterward. But the message of the play was the most important thing I've learned.

The play challenges us to live each day, appreciating every moment, not rushing ahead and missing out on the small moments. One line that my character says to her mother is, "Just for a moment we're all together. Just for a moment we're happy. Let's look at one another!" She realizes too late how much she's missed in life, how she wouldn't take the time to look at the people she loved and tell them how much they meant to her. The last act was very powerful, and many people I talked to afterward said they were touched, and some even cried.

All in all, I just want to encourage you all to live each moment as if it's your last. Thank the people around you for everything they do for you, and most of all, thank Jesus for everything HE'S done for you... especially as it's Easter weekend. Appreciate every little blessings God has given you. And I challenge you to look at one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment