Saturday, April 9, 2011

Overflowing


I was looking through my journal to find a few verses of encouragement for a friend's birthday, and in the span of about 4-5 pages, I found two verses from different chapters of the Bible, but that had a similar message:

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
- Romans 15:13

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ..."
- Philippians 1:9-10

Aren't those awesome adjectives?? ABOUND and OVERFLOW... when I read those words I go "Ahhhhhh...", a sigh of contentment. God wants us to be filled to the top and spilling over with His hope, peace, love, wisdom... He's not just enough to fill the empty places in our lives. He is MORE than enough! It's like that feeling where you've eaten so much you feel like you could burst... times one hundred!!! At least, that's how I imagine it :) So let's take a journey together to learn what it means to be overflowing and abounding with Jesus Christ, the God who never stops giving. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment