Thursday, April 28, 2011

Patience

Love is patient.
1 Corinthians 13.

God is sooooooo patient.  He is patient with me.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  Psalm 103:8

I just wrote that but I had to go back and read it and say it again......I whisper it like holy words rolling off my tongue.  I know these words but the more I know the God of these words the more in awe I become...
of who He is....He is Patient.

How can I not be overcome with a grateful heart at who He is...His character...His Heart...
He is merciful.  He is gracious.  He is slow to anger.  He is patient.  He abounds in steadfast love.

Do you know what abound means?  It means to exist in abundance. 

He exists in the abundance of steadfast love......

I want to abound in Him.  I want to exist in His abundance of EVERYTHING about Him.  I want to abound in his Spirit.  I want to abound in his patience.  I want to abound in his steadfast love.

I have asked the Lord 2 different questions this week.....countless times and when I say countless, I mean countless....which is very UNpatient-like...

Each time I have asked...I have heard one word in return.  

Patience.

I smile as I hear it in my mind.  He didn't yell it and tell me to stop asking and tell me that if I ask one more time, I'm not getting it.  (I'm pretty sure I've said that to my kids before)

Just patience.  He tells me to be patient...to trust him.  It is hard sometimes.....Why?  I don't know.  I fight with myself.  I don't want to be patient.  But He is patient.  And because He is patient, I can be patient and trust Him.

Oh, I'm so glad He is patient.  If he wasn't...life would not exist as we know it.
Thank you Sweet Heavenly Father for being soooo patient with us.   I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment