Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He Knows

I have written about this before, but I keep going back to it. God knows. He knows. Knowing that he knows brings me great comfort and peace. Hopefully, that truth brings you comfort as well, although I suppose that it wouldn't matter so much that he knows all our happiness, struggles, confusions, dilemmas, hopes, dreams, sorrows, etc. if he wasn't who he is.

If he was aloof and far off, it wouldn't be so great for him to know, because it may mean that he is complacent and lackadaisical and isn't going to do anything about it anyway. So... big deal if he knows. I'm on my own.

The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7
I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

If he wasn't compassionate and merciful, he wouldn't even care about the things that hurt me. I would have to fight to protect myself from more pain.

And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." Luke 7.13

If he wasn't gracious and forgiving, his knowing all about me, the things I think, and the things I do, would be kinda scary. I would wish he didn't know, or I would quit caring that he sees and do things my way anyway, 'cause, what would it matter? I could never be good enough.

For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. Psalm 86:5
And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. John 1:16


If he didn't want good things for me, but held out on me and held back all the things that make life worth living, then I wouldn't trust him with my future, nor with my heart.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10


If he wasn't interested in working in me to direct and guide me into his specific plan, then it wouldn't matter what I did, who I talked to, where I went.

...for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

If he is not able to keep his bride, the church, pure and blameless until he returns, then I will live in fear of falsehood and evil intent.

...so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27

If he is not for me, then I must be for myself, either feeling helpless and hopeless, trying to make it in a mean world, or driven and determined to get what I can out of life.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

Oh, but he is all these things and more! It matters who your God is - to you and to him.

I'm so thankful that this God knows. He knows. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment