Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Ever have trouble sleeping? Have you ever found yourself laying in bed, worrying about all the things you didn't get done that day and all the things you have to get done tomorrow? Or worse yet, what about mulling over past conversations and thinking about what they said and what you said and what you wish you'd said....or wish you hadn't said...(that's a total waste of time). Have you ever laid in bed with anxious thoughts and concerns for the people you love in your life, going over and over in your mind, asking God to help you figure out how to help them?

And we wonder why we feel so tired when we wake up....some people go to bed every night stuffing all their worries into an uncomfortable lumpy pillow that they toss and turn with all night long and they wake up with it in the morning still worrying and wondering why they feel like they didn't sleep at all.

Well...I got something for you. Listen to this:

Psalm 63:5-8

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,

and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

when I remember you upon my bed,

and meditate on you in the watches of the night;

for you have been my help,

and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Tonight when you go to bed....remember Jesus. Lay there and remember his faithfulness. Thank him for all that he has done for you and start naming them one by one. Acknowledge his works in your life. Meditate on his truth, take it to bed with you and let each line or phrase soak into your mind. Ask Him to lay down with you and rest your spirit in his arms.

I'm telling you the truth...you'll sleep better than a baby..('cause we all know babies don't sleep that good).


No comments:

Post a Comment