Friday, October 2, 2009

Truth = Trust

And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10 (ESV)

O LORD, You are worthy of my trust. Reveal to me where I have believed the world's view of you, rather than what you say about yourself. Show me where I have agreed with the enemy's accusations against you. Where the enemy has accused you of doing wrong against me -whispering these things to my mind. Show me when and in what situations I've believed that you aren't who you say you are and that I can't and shouldn't trust you.

Now just stop and listen to God's Spirit speak to you. He wants to free you from these things. As I've said before, what we know in our head doesn't necessarily line up with what we deep down in our hearts actually believe. God wants to bring truth to those hidden places where we don't believe the truth. You know those areas where we have to work hard to stand in the truth of Scripture that we know in our minds. He wants to bring both - our hearts and minds - to line up with the truth of who He is.

for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.

Precious friends, God loves you completely. He is good in every way and sees you through eyes of love. When He looks at you, He sees His beloved one - His chosen one. Just the way you are.

As you walk through this day and weekend, may God speak truth to your hearts and minds. May you see things from His perspective and be amazed by His tender love for you. May it take your breath away and cause you to know His name and put your trust in Him.

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8&9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment