Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm in a Hurry to Get Things Done

"I'm in a hurry to get things done,
I just rush and rush until life's no fun...
All I've got to do is just live and die,
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why."

This is a song by the country music group, "Alabama."

I know the feeling... even if I am not jumping out of bed to get things done, my thoughts will not leave me alone. Even before I open my eyes, my mind is racing from one thing to the other. Sometimes, I am so afraid I will forget something really important I keep a pen and writing paper by my bed.

My grand daughter is a good example of the value of time. Her Mother wakes her up every morning at 7 o'clock and from then until 7:30, they sit on the sofa and snuggle. I'm not sure what they talk about, if anything but they just sit, side by side with my grand daughter resting her head against her Mothers chest... arms around each other...

What would it be like... if we did that with Jesus... just a quiet unspoken time with Him. Could we concentrate on Him without the world trying to force its way through the door? Could we keep our minds from racing to what is next on our agenda? Oh, to be like a little child, soaking in the love and warmth of our Heavenly Father. I believe God would love to have our undivided attention, just as my daughter cherishes this time with her daughter. They are not solving the world's problems but trusting the Lord for the day ahead.

Rest in Him today... listen to His heart...
God promises us rest for our weary souls.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High;
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment