Friday, October 23, 2009

Joy

The joy of the Lord,
The joy of the Lord,
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

I made up a little tune with these words. I sing it to myself sometimes. It's the truth. (not that I sing it to myself, rather, the words are truth)

Not coffee, nor vitamins; not the absence of stress and problems, nor a long good night's sleep - it's the JOY! The joy that comes from recognizing,acknowledging and celebrating the goodness and greatness of God's kindness and provision for us. But sometimes we have to be reminded to look for it - not that it's hard to see, but we're looking at the small instead of the GREAT. We're looking at my problems instead of the great I AM.

Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. Philippians 3:1

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

And just in case you need extra reminding like me...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

And you will find strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment