Friday, July 30, 2010

Come sit with Me

Come. Come sit with me for a while. You've already shared your concerns with me; now I want you
to simply
be with me
here on the swing.
Nice, isn't it? Remember Mary? She liked to sit with me. My sweet Martha would get frustrated with her, but I let Martha know that it wasn't time wasted. Mary knew. She knew it was good for her heart to rest with me. Listening to me.

She knew the sayings of Solomon and was experiencing this:
"Dear friend, listen well to my words;
tune your ears to my voice.
Keep my message in plain view at all times.
Concentrate! Learn it by heart!
Those who discover these words live, really live;
body and soul, they're bursting with health.
Keep vigilant watch over your heart;
that's where life starts.
" Proverbs 4:20-23 The Message

I think you know this too, don't you? *chuckle* After all, it's your heart I care about. Your peace of mind. Your refreshment. And we both know I'm the Source. That's why I asked you to come sit with me. That's why I give this invitation,
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28,29

My precious one, I love you and always am with you. So, come. Be with me. I want you by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment