Thursday, July 1, 2010

What I Know to Be True

I have been struggling to write lately...not in my journal (that handwritten book is full of the scribbled sentiments of my heart), but writing my thoughts out to put on the table here at Soul Kitchen has been a little bit harder.  I haven't been sure how to formulate into words the smorgasbord of my mind so that it makes sense to anyone other than my Heavenly Father who loves me so.

But for my precious sisters and from my precious sisters...I write what I know to be true.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17

When I choose to speak the words of Christ out loud so that my own ears can hear my own voice proclaiming what I am struggling to believe...Faith happens....

The Holy Spirit does for me what I am powerless to do for myself.

I am God's chosen daughter....holy and dearly loved.  I will not wear the rags of an orphan or beggar but will clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Dressed as the King's daughter,  I will forgive those who have hurt me just as my Lord has forgiven me.  Over all these virtues I will put on love.  (taken from Colossians 3:12-14)

My God is good and He is crazy about me....His goodness and His love for me is not based on my circumstances or my feelings.  His mercies are new every morning.

Whatever I suffer in this life, be it big or small...is merely a blink of the eyes in the light of the eternity that I will spend with my Saviour.

I will give the first portions of my heart unto my Lord...and He will do the impossible.  He will take my fears and fill my mind with peace.  He will provide. (1 Kings 17)
(There's a lot more to this one but if I tried to write it out...for sure, I'd never get this post written and posted before midnight :)

Blessed be the name of the Lord.  He is my Rock.  He is my Joy.  He is my Hope.  I Love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment