Thursday, July 22, 2010

Puttin' On the Love

Ahh...Blessed Child...I love your heart.  And I echo your words:


"My Jesus, I WANT YOU!! More than I want anything else, more than I want anybody else. I want you to be my life, my all.  I am Yours."


Some words I have been praying through and meditating on that have been an encouragement to me, inspiring, challenging, filling and life-giving from Colossians 3:12-14


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.


My sister is getting married next week...How exciting!  We've all been talking dresses and outfits for some time now...even Lulu has something special to wear!  My son is playing in the BC Summer Games...I sat tonight and looked at over 3400 athletes fill the football field dressed in their uniforms and colours for the opening ceremonies.  Awesome.


Lord...often what we wear says so much about us...what we are doing or celebrating or representing...Help us to know who we are...Chosen, holy and dearly loved.  Dressed with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness and love.  So that all who see us...will know that we are yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment