Monday, August 16, 2010

Have You Been Robbed?

For the past couple of days, I have been trying to sort through a lot of things that have happened over the summer. I have gone from very, very high emotionally to very low at times. It has been a summer of intense activity. The pastor at the church we were attending yesterday spoke about "what is important to us." We can tell people what is important to us, but our actions really describe what that is. Matthew 6 tells us, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

We all begin to realize at some point or another that if our treasure lies in people or things, we are eventually going to be let down. You can love someone for a list of reasons but that list eventually comes to an end. God's list never ends. He loves us continually without end. We tend to forget that we are in a battlefield with the enemy waging war against us... against our minds. Here's the thing... we get so sidetracked by our thoughts, that before we know it, Satan has sneaked in and robbed us of our most valuable possessions.

I found myself yesterday continually asking God to be my all consuming Fire. Each time my thoughts would wander to a longing for someone or something else, I knew that Satan was trying to make me feel lost and lonely. There is a song that I've been listening to lately. It has helped me in the times that my mind and thoughts bring dis-contentment. Charlie Hall and the Passion Worship Band sing it and it is called, "All We Need is You."

"Rich or poor God I want You more
Than anything that glitters in this world,
Be my all... all consuming fire."

"You can have all my hands can hold,
My heart, mind, strength and soul.
Be my all... all consuming fire."

"We have all we need in You.
All we need is You...
All we need is You..."

The Pastor also told us yesterday that if you love someone or something... you give it to God. When we love something whole heartily, we are willing to make a sacrifice.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

...The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:1,6

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mary. It's so good to hear your heart again. I've missed you so much! Happy travels, Pilgrim's Heart!

    ReplyDelete