Friday, August 27, 2010

Sadie


Sadie, I see you. I know that you are scared. I know that you are hurting. I want to help you.

I invite you to trust me with this pregnancy... in this complicated situation. I will strengthen you, I will uphold you, I will care for you. Look to me. Let me take care of you.

You are right in not liking the idea of having an abortion. It's not the way I would have you go. I say "Choose life!" Choose life for yourself; choose life for the little one growing inside of you. You will never regret choosing to let this baby live.

Those other voices you hear responding "BUT..." with a list of reasons why it would be better for you to "get rid of it"? They don't know what's good for you. They don't know how you will be plagued with regret and sorrow if you choose the path of destruction. Misguided, ignorant and selfish, they justify the killing of the innocent and helpless littlest one relying on your warm, protective womb to nurture, feed and give her life.

Oh Sadie, listen to your heart. Listen to my voice. Hear me say, "I love you!" I will never leave you or forsake you. As I gave my life so you might have life, Sadie, I ask you protect and cherish the life within you, no matter how inconvenient! My promise is that I will be with you - through it all. ~ God.

Soul Kitchen sisters and readers, please join me in praying that Sadie (not her real name and not her photo) will hear God's voice and submit to His invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment