Saturday, August 21, 2010

What We Take For Granted

Today my family is celebrating my mom's birthday. We had fun at the park and now are spending some time relaxing at home. The plan is to make sure my mom has to do as little work as possible. As I was writing a birthday note for her, I was thinking about all the work she does for me every single day. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, driving, paying for stuff, organizing... she is constantly working. And I think I've always taken that for granted. I just assume that if I need something, my mom will be right there to provide it for me. So God's been showing me that I need to appreciate those things more... not take for granted the blessings He's given me, including the blessing of my mom. My question is, what do you take for granted? I encourage you to spend some time talking to God about those things in your life... and hopefully learn to appreciate them each and every day!

(Sorry, but no picture for today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment