Friday, December 17, 2010

Doing small things with Great Love

Yesterday we had our Women's Centre Drop In Christmas party at our church. As a lady walked in the door, she gave me a Christmas card. I will share it with you trying to make it look as close to the original as possible.

Women’s Centre drop in. 
   I believe you have touched and left a lasting impression on every lady that has ever come through your door 
                        Wishing you a Christmas season
                      filled with warmth and happiness.
a BIG Thankyou
This is the letter that was folded up inside the card:
I have wanted to write this letter for yearsssssss
Hello Merry Christmas to everyone!
I really wanted to let all of you know what all of you do at the Women’s centre drop in, is exceptional. I had come back there recently and brought my daughter along, she’s 10 now. She said to me, “This is the place we came when we were sleeping in our car.” Really, we lived in our car, short time, she was 3 or 4 maybe, but she had remembered that! You just never know how you are helping?, and really, how you are helping! The food is always a blessing, the kidssss love the straws (of all things!) You just never know how something so small could make someone elses life a wee bit brighter. A straw!
I felt very accepted at the women’s centre. I really enjoy the clothing room, clothes are my thing, getting something new(used) always makes me feel happy. Something different to wear or a muchly needed winter coat. The houseware room was terrific. We had gotten a blanket that we still use today. 7 years ago. A very warm crocheted acrylic wool blanket. We don’t have proper heat so that blanket has kept us warm for yearsssss + in our car 7 years ago. So thankyou for all you do all year for all who walk through your W.C.D.I. door. OXOXO

Here's to each one of us who are doing simple things... small things really... with great love. We probably do more small things for others during this busy Christmas season than at any other time of year. My prayer is that you and I would experience God's love in our hearts and that His great love would fill us to overflowing as we do the small things in His Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment