Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let's Talk about Christmas


I know, I know... it's early. But I love Christmas, so I start celebrating it as soon as possible! It is only 21 days away, you know :) Well, I just wanted to write a quick reminder about what Christmas is. Christmas is the birthday of a little baby boy, who was born into very dirty, uncomfortable conditions: a barn filled with hay. I don't know about you, but I definitely would not want to have to spend a wintry night in a place like that. But that baby was special. He was God in human flesh... giving up the splendors and glories of Heaven to come down to Earth and be with us. To live among us... and die for us. I imagine it to be kind of like if a human was to give up their normal, comfortable life to become tiny and live with ants. To eventually give up their life to save an anthill. That seems ridiculous, but in a way, that's what Jesus did. And Christmas started it all. So please, I know this season is crazy busy and can be stressful, but remember to take the time to remember God's ultimate gift. Don't let the real meaning of this season be lost. Jesus brought light to our world, and even today we celebrate that fact. Thank you, Jesus, for your gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment