Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Be Ready...Be Prepared

My husband and I decided to walk up to the school to pick up our daughter yesterday afternoon. We walked outside and the sun was soooo bright I could barely see. So I stopped at the car and pulled my sunglasses out. But there were some clouds in the distance and so I said to my husband, "Do you think we should bring the umbrella?" No, we decided. It's not that far and we weren't going to be gone that long.

I'm sure you can guess what happened. About one minute before the school bell rang, that dark cloud that had seemed so far away in the distance was suddenly hovering over us. We got wet. Not a little sprinkling wet. Full on, soaking through your clothes, drenched wet. We ran all the way home and we weren't the only ones either. I saw half my neighbors caught in the same predicament. We had some laughs and some hot chocolate and I'm quite sure...I won't be forgetting my umbrella anymore!

However, when I was thinking about what happened yesterday, I couldn't help but think of Jesus when He tells us to 'be ready' for his coming in Matthew chapters 24-25.

In all of this...Jesus says to me...."Be mindful, be prepared. Keep your mind focused on things above."

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:13

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. Colossians 3:1-2

Let us be mindful sisters that today is not just today but a part of our future...and everything we say and do needs to reflect the One we will spend eternity with. Holy Spirit...remind us when we lose that focus.

Blessings to you today...Jesus is our Hope and He is coming for us...and by the way, don't forget your umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment