Sunday, July 19, 2009

As I've mentioned in past posts, my family has moved and we're in the stages of getting out and meeting people. So far we don't know anyone in the town we've moved to and have been searching for a home church. I've struggled with many emotions from happiness and excitement to depression and homesickness as I'm away from all that is familiar to me.

We attended a church for the second time today and when I asked the children's pastor if she could plug me in with other families whose kids attend the same school my kids will be attending, she mentioned the other school in town that most of the other children go to and that there is only 1 family she can think of that would have any kids attending the school with my children. My insecurites right away kicked in asking "what is wrong with the school we chose for the children?.... are we in a bad area?...." Immediately I thought that I should check out this other school as so far we cannot meet anyone who will be with our kids in this school we have chosen.

I hate insecurities. I hate the feeling of insecurity.... yet Satan wants to snare us in that feeling so we feel trapped. My children have never attended a school where they have had the opportunity to go to church with the same children. That really was my prayer and it was a bit of a "let down" when I didn't get the answer today that I wanted. Satan had me right where he wanted me and I allowed it. Just because I didn't get that answer today, doesn't mean that there won't be other children that are Christians at that school or that this school is not part of God's plans. God brought us here for a reason and we have believed that from day one and I need to continue trusting that all things will work for good... maybe not in the way I had planned but to His will and plans. That is sometimes difficult for me.

What is God's truth when I am feeling insecure and feeling to need to comform to what others are doing? I know in my heart to look to His Word for direction. If I were to memorize scripture I would have them imbedded on my heart so that when I am faced with my insecurities, I would have God's truth to rebuke Satan's lies. I am not perfect and this is one area I am very weak in. When I was searching God's word daily it was easy for me to pull up scripture and quote it. I find it more difficult during this season of change for me to find that time to sit and soak in on God's truth and spend more time with Him.

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

What is this saying to me?.... renew my mind daily and don't worry about conforming to what others are doing. God's will is good, pleasing and perfect.

Ephesians 1:11-15
"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory."

What is this saying to me?.... God chose me and works everything to conform with HIS WILL, not what others are doing.

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

What is this saying to me?.... God's works things for good.... they might not be the way I want them to be but God's plans are better than mine.

How can I put this together with my insecurities? God's plans are still perfect. Even though I felt that disappointment in not having the children together with kids they go to church with, God's plans are still perfect and working for good. School hasn't even started yet and I need to continue trusting that the right friends are there for them and the families that we will meet God has chosen for us, Christian or non-Christian. All that is part of His perfect plan for my family. God's truth is more powerful than Satan's snares.

Romans 15:4
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment