Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To Forgive Again

If there is one common issue that I seem to work through in my life over and over it is forgiveness. I don't have millions of grievances. It just seems that sometimes my hurts or offense runs deeper in my life than I thought it did...and Jesus, in his great love for me brings it up to the surface so that He can heal me and cut the chain that unforgiveness holds on me so that I can be free.

I have been reminded lately of some old wounds from my past. I have felt like I shouldn't go back there in my mind, because I didn't want to dig up anything long since buried. However, I have asked Jesus to walk with me back there to some of those memories and speak into my heart and mind his truth and healing and forgiveness.

You see...I believe Jesus was with me when I experienced those hurts...and He helped me at the time to forgive to the best of my ability...but because there are some things in my life that He has revealed to me concerning those hurts that are still affecting my life today, I believe He wants to take me there again to heal my heart on a deeper level.

I love Jesus for that. He cares for our hearts on every level. He brings us back to things when we are ready. Jesus knows how to love your heart like no other. He Knows Forgiveness.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

PS: Happy Canada Day! Thank you Jesus that we live in a free country.

No comments:

Post a Comment