Friday, July 17, 2009

I know I'm wonderful!

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

I'm meditating on Psalm 139:13-14 today. The truth of it is bringing me great joy... especially as a woman. I'd encourage you to read the whole Psalm to remember the great love that God, our creator and Father has for us.

You created my inmost being

God created my inmost being. My inner part. In the Hebrew the word means "kidneys". For us as English speakers, you may then wonder why I'm so excited about this verse. For Hebrew speakers at that time, however, "kidneys" referred to the "mind"; that inner part of a person that makes up who the person is.

You created my inmost being

You created my inmost being. You created me with my personality. You made me with the gifts and talents I have. You made me with the lack of interest and little comprehension for certain things as well. You made me female - with double X chromosomes and all the estrogen and hormones that go with them - on purpose. You fashioned me in absolute love and grace.

I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

This is where the rubber meets the road. If God made me, just the way I am, can I accept this and praise Him for making me so wonderfully? Maybe I need to have some adjustments made in how I view myself. Have I believed what others have said about me, rather than what God says about how He made me?

Your works are wonderful,
I know this full well.

Loving Father, work this truth in my mind and heart so I can know this full well - know this completely - that your work in creating me...is wonderful.
Then with receiving this as truth and knowing this, Lord, teach me to express this inner being - to live out how who You've made me to be - in a beautiful way... to bring praise and glory to Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment