Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I Help You?

"May your hand be ready to help me,
For I have chosen your precepts."
Psalm 119:173

One morning I was resting in my bed, reading, writing, and having my devotions. My beautiful little two-year old granddaughter came in and tried to climb up on the bed with me. As she tried to climb up, my down comforter kept sliding down. Wanting to help, I reached over and gently lifted her up onto the bed with me.
"No," Grammy, "no", she said and slid herself back down. She tried again to climb up but she still slid downward. After several tries, she still could not get up. I saw the effort she was making; she was trying really hard but to no avail.

So...unnoticed by her, I reached forward and held the covers tightly in my hand. With the comforter firm, she was able to grab little handfuls of material and climb up to me. She was so proud of herself and had no idea that I had helped.
I thought about God and my relationship with Him and how many times I had said, "no, thank you", yet, He "gently held the covers for me."
What an awesome God we have!!!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills-
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber."
"The Lord will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore."
Psalm 121:1-3;8

A recycled post from Pilgrim's Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment